Re: strtoll patch

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 08:55:00 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004, Gisle Vanem wrote:

> > ftp://ftp.ncbi.nih.gov/blast/db/FASTA/nt.gz
>
> Some problems still; max5data() is wrapping around 2^31 giving negative
> results:

Ah! I'll see what I can do about it.

> I don't understand the use of "%Od" in infof() and failf().

The 'O' is a new flag to inform the code that the arugment is a 'curl_off_t'
type:

  printf("%Od", (curl_off_t) number);

> These calls vsnprintf(). Shouldn't curl_mvsnprintf() be used instead?

They are. The define _MPRINTF_REPLACE before the curl/mprintf.h include makes
the header define all the "traditional" *printf functions as defines that use
the curl_* versions instead. So using vsnprintf() becomes a call to
curl_mvsnprintf().

I use that way to make it easier for people to write code (using the standard
*printf names) and yet it will end up use the proper (curl_*-) functions.