Re: SSL and threads

From: Dirk Manske <dm_at_nettraffic.de>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 11:31:36 +0100

On Monday 19 January 2004 14:37, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Jan 2004, Dirk Manske wrote:
>

> > is anybody working on the OpenSSL thread issue? ( Todo no. 4 for 7.11.1,
> > see also http://www.openssl.org/docs/crypto/threads.html#DESCRIPTION )
> > If not I will (try to) do it tomorrow.
>

> I'm not aware of anyone working on this.

I made some thoughts about this and my conclusion is the ssl locking
not should be done in libcurl. It does not lock any data in libcurl, so
it would be only wrapping OpenSSL lock request. This will be a (small)
performance lost.
The handling of the mutexes must be done by the client code already.
So directly providing the callbacks is no real extra work.

In my opinion only a hint in the libcurl documentation should be written.

Greetings,
Dirk