Re: URL Parsing libraries

From: codemastr <codemstr_at_ptd.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 19:29:37 -0500

> RFC 2396 gives a regular expression that is claimed to parse URI's
> correctly (in Appendix B). Given this regex you should be able to
> extract, add, substitute at will given a compliant URI.
>
> I've not messed with it very much but it looks like it's correct from
> what little I have done with it. However, it also gives a BNF grammar
> for URIs in Appendix A.
Yeah I'm aware of these things, but there is more to it than that. As I
said, one of the things I want it to be able to do is to implement "user
friendly" URLs. Using a regexp isn't going to convert the " " to a %20, not
to mention this would mean I'd need to add a regexp library to my program
which runs into the same problems as libwww, it has far more things than I'm
going to need.

Thanks though.

Dominick Meglio