Re: Daily builds for AIX - possibly

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 15:05:01 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004, Tor Arntsen wrote:

> I'm about to set up daily builds of curl for AIX 5.1, for the curl autobuild
> (ref. http://curl.haxx.se/auto/)

That would be really cool. We have far too few operating system involved
there.

> However, several of the tests are failing, although I can verify that curl
> is working correctly for e.g. 'FTP RETR PORT with CWD' by using the curl
> tool manually against a standard ftp server. Ditto for some of the other
> "failing" tests (I didn't check all of them).
>
> Thus, I believe the problem must be in the test tools. However, I'm unable
> to figure out why/what it is.

I think you might be right. The test tools aren't yet as portable and
fine-running as curl itself! Can you run one of these tests manually, like:

 $ cd tests
 $ ./runtests -d -v 101

And paste the output here? It could shed some light on what the problem might
be. You might also find some useful info in one of the files in log/ directory
that is present after a single failed test has been run.

> TESTFAIL: These test cases failed: 101 103 108 119 144 145 300 301 304 306
> 509

These are the odd ones.

> TESTINFO: "curl lacks netrc_debug support" 5 times (130, 131, 132, 133, 134)

If you pass --enable-debug in the configure options, these ones will be tested
as well.

> TESTINFO: "server problems" 4 times (400, 401, 402, 403)

These four tests are not working anywhere atm, since we have no properly
working FTPS server... :-/ They're not even included in the release archives,
only in CVS. I mean to fix them one of these days.

> Daniel, should I go ahead and start uploading these logs to the
> curl-autocompile address anyway, or is there some obvious setup problem that
> I could fix first?

I think you can proceed and start providing these logs anyway. It'll only make
us even more motivated to fix these errors since they'll appear as ugly red
blobs on the report page! ;-)