Re: Fwd: Re: test 91 fails - cause found?

From: Patrick Smith <patsmith_at_pobox.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 17:59:47 -0500

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, Patrick Smith wrote:
>>The test still fails. :-(
>
> I had another thought and adjusted my patch. The problem with the previous one
> was that in Curl_http_done() it always checked the byte-counter and reported
> error if nothing had been downloaded. I've now added a variable that gets set
> when the connection is to be retried, and then the 0 byte transfer won't cause
> an error.

I've now run the test 10,000 times without a failure. This on a machine
where the test almost always failed previously. So it appears the
problem is indeed fixed. Thanks!

This was using the curl-7.11.1-20040206 snapshot.

When I extracted the source from CVS and tried to build, buildconf
failed with these messages:

buildconf: autoconf version 2.59 (ok)
buildconf: autoheader version 2.59 (ok)
buildconf: automake version 1.8.2 (ok)
buildconf: libtool version 1.5.2 (ok)
buildconf: running libtoolize
buildconf: running aclocal
aclocal: configure.ac: 67: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found in library
The command 'aclocal' failed

(It seems AM_PROG_LIBTOOL is now considered obsolete.)

Also, the box at the top right of http://curl.haxx.se/download.html
refers to "Daily Builds". It might be more accurate to say "Daily
Snapshots", since they seem to contain just source code.