Re: Configuring in msys/mingw

From: Andrés García <fandom_at_retemail.es>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 20:58:02 +0100

Hi,

> As Gisle wrote, it is odd that you reach the SIGALRM stuff as you shouldn't
> have those things present!

Not exactly, in 'config.h' I don't have HAVE_SIGACTION defined,
only HAVE_SIGNAL, so I changed the lines that gave the error
from:

#ifdef HAVE_SIGNAL
    keep_sigact = signal(SIGALRM, alarmfunc);
#endif

#if defined(HAVE_SIGNAL) && defined(HAVE_SIGACTION)
    keep_sigact = signal(SIGALRM, alarmfunc);
#endif

hoping it wouldn't cause too much trouble.

Then I could continue with the compiling with only a warning about
not being able to create the shared version of the library, until
it tried to link everything to create 'curl.exe', then it failed with an
error about not being able to find 'timeGetTime'.

As far as I can see, that function should be in 'libwinmm.a', but
no matter how many '-lwinmm' I add, it keeps not able to find it.
Is it somewhere else?

> I noticed you have no *nroff tool, so the creation of the src/hugehelp.c
> file will fail. Would it be make sense to produce a fake blank file in this
> case just to allow you to build?

For the time being I am 'borrowing' nroff from cygwin, eventually I guess we
could add a check so that it skips creating hugehelp.c if it is msys/mingw.

Andres