TODO for 7.11.1
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 14:47:22 +0100 (CET)
Here's how the TODO for the upcoming release looks like right now. I'm
interested in help with the 'UNASSIGNED' items, your comments and additional
issues if you have any suggestions.
As you can see below, I've added preliminary release dates for the two
upcoming releases. (This info is also committed in CVS)
Issues not sorted in any particular order.
#[num] refers to bug report numbers.
UNASSIGNED means that no person has publicly stated to work on the issue.
DELETE means the issue is subject for dismissal
To get fixed in 7.11.1 (planned release in March 2004)
6. REST fix for servers not behaving well on >2GB requests. This should fail
if the server doesn't set the pointer to the requested index. The tricky
part is to figure out if the server did the right thing or not.
10. Anton Fedorov's "dumpcert" patch (only mailed to me privately) UNASSIGNED
12. PUT and POST with multiple auth bits do wrong. #862835 Patch posted to
list. (Awaiting feedback)
14. Evaluate/apply Gertjan van Wingerde's SSL patches, UNASSIGNED
19. Resolve Giuseppe Attardi's "elusive cache bug" (work required).
21. Send QUIT before closing an FTP connection. Joe Halpin works on this.
23. Peter Sylvester's "Most Significant Common Name" patch. Feedback welcome.
At least the UTF8 conversion and comparison should be done. Patch?
24. When using ares, create the ares channel in the curl_easy_init function
and re-use the same channel during the life time of the curl handle.
25. Curl_strtoll() is not part of the libcurl API, yet 'curl' needs a function
like this. We need to sort out how to deal with it. I really don't like
adding non-transfer related functions to the API. Is there a downside with
putting such files in a common dir for functions/code that can be used by
both the lib and the client code? Other functions that could be treated
the same way include the *printf and the string comparison functions etc.
Daniel's task. Comments welcome!
26. Make it possible to share the ares channel with the share interface.
To get fixed in 7.11.2 (planned release May/June 2004)
1. Introduce a new error code indicating authentication problems (for proxy
CONNECT error 407 for example). This cannot be an error code, we must not
return informational stuff as errors, consider a new info returned by
curl_easy_getinfo() #845941 UNASSIGNED
-- Daniel Stenberg -- http://curl.haxx.se/ -- http://daniel.haxx.se/ [[ Do not send mails to this email address. They won't reach me. ]]Received on 2004-02-09