RE: Authentication

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 13:46:42 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004, Xiuping Hu wrote:

> Sorry, one more check:
>
> 140 else {
> 141 if((ntlm->state >= NTLMSTATE_TYPE1) ||
> ((conn->allocptr.userpwd) &&
> strstr(conn->allocptr.userpwd,"Authorization:")))
> 142 return CURLNTLM_BAD;
> 143
> 144 ntlm->state = NTLMSTATE_TYPE1; /* we should sent away a type-1
> */
> 145 }

Sorry, but your flood of mails confuse me, and this check unfortunately
doesn't make my brain much clearer!

Can you please answer these questions:

1. Why isn't ntlm->state already at state NTLMSTATE_TYPE1 when the
   autorization header is set?

2. How do you expect your fix to work with proxies? We store the autorization
   header in a different variable and it has different context...

I very much want this problem fixed, but I want it done the proper way!