Re: Configuring in msys/mingw

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 22:18:50 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004, Andrés García wrote:

> > If you don't have a signal() function, then we should make sure that the
> > configure script doesn't find it!
>
> There is signal function but the only defined signals are:
>
> SIGINT, SIGILL, SIGFPE, SIGSEGV, SIGTERM, SIGBREAK and SIGABRT.

Ok, I get it. I've modified the code now to check for SIGALRM before assuming
it works.

> The configure script also needs some help with openssl for Windows, I
> have attached a patch for that.

Thanks, I've applied it!

> With it, and some extra handholding, I managed to make it compile, it even
> works:

Hey, that's cool! We're getting closer! Any serious handholding besides the
nroff stuff?

> Unfortunately, that 'curl' is the wrapper script made by libtool and it
> doesn't seem to able to change it into the real 'curl.exe'

That's usually fixed when you do 'make install' or if you ran configure with
--disable-shared. It is a script for conveniance reasons so that running the
newly compiled version is certain to use the newly compiled shared lib version
too, and not one previously installed in the system.