RE: Using libcurl with Borland - how?

From: Jeff Pohlmeyer <yetanothergeek_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 09:41:40 -0800 (PST)

> I never made a dll before.

I am not terribly familiar with how C compilers link to libraries,
but shouldn't you either be using libcurl.dll (dynamic) or
libcurl.lib (static) ?

As long as your application is dynamically linked, it shouldn't matter
which compiler the DLL was built with.
( e.g. "kernel32.dll" doesn't need to be recompiled to call it from BCB )

I can tell you that the precompiled version of libcurl.dll works just fine
from Delphi, so I don't see why it shouldn't work from BCB as well.

> There's no reason to learn anything new if it can be avoided.
Maybe that's why I still do everything in Pascal ;-)

 - Jeff