socks5 and bug item #741841

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 15:35:58 +0100 (CET)

Hey

I moved the discussion around bug #741841 [*] over to this list, since it is a
nicer place to keep discussions on.

In this report, Jeff Lawson says the current approach is not the correct one.
He quotes an RFC section and he seems to be right in his claim.

However: I don't have any socks5 proxy to try on myself. I've got a few fixes
for this socks5 code in the past from people, indicating that they can in fact
use the code as it currently looks/works.

Will fixing this as Jeff suggests break the functionality for someone else?

[*] =
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100976&aid=741841&group_id=976