Re: CURLOPT_TIMEOUT

From: Jerry G. Chiuan <jerry_at_oridus.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 13:20:54 -0800

> libcurl only features two timeouts that would partly help you:
>
> CURLOPT_TIMEOUT - timeouts evertything after N seconds
> CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT - timeouts a slow connect after N seconds, but
once
> the connect is made, the timeout is ignored.

Hi Dainel,
This post is relative to my previous one regarding CURLOPT_TIMEOUT works but
CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT doesn't not work for connecting to an invalid IP
( my post is called "CURLOPT_CONNECTIONTIMEOUT and" )
I tried to connect to a invalid IP, it doesn't time out as I specified w/
this option, it times out at 100(sec) which should be Windows XP's system
timeout
( ps: invalid IP means there is no the machine which has this IP)

I thought it might be due to my curl is too old ( 7.10.7), then I upgraded
my curl to 7.11.0 and CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT still doesn't work
for invalid IP.
but I didon't build 7.11.0 w/ ares, does it matter?

Does anybody have this problem?

thanks
- Jerry