Re: code for both app and lib

From: codemastr <codemstr_at_ptd.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 18:29:03 -0500

> curl_getdate
> curl_getenv
> curl_mprintf (and variations)
> curl_strequal
> curl_strnequal

I agree with everything you said in this email except the removal of
curl_getdate. This function, though you are right things such as strptime do
the same thing, is very useful for HTTP. It might not be directly involved
in transfers, but it is useful for parsing, for example, as Last-Modified
header. It is also much easier to use than strptime since it is designed to
work with the format HTTP uses without having to specify formatting
arguments.

The others I agree can go, but I think curl_getdate should stay.

Dominick Meglio