Re: Connect-timeout on Win32

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 10:11:19 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004, Gisle Vanem wrote:

> As promised here is a patch to make CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT
> and CURLOPT_TIMEOUT work for Curl_resolve() on Windows;

Darnit, can you please adjust it to work with the latest CVS? I got a bunch of
rejected "chunks" when I just tried to apply it. (I'm sorry for this!)

> The patch doesn't do anything for IPv6 or Ares or CygWin (assuming that
> alarm() works for CygWin).

Is there any particular reason it doesn't work with IPv6?

> It took me some time to understand the hairy structures and actions in
> hostip.c, so hope I didn't break anything.

It really has grown into a something pretty opaque and hard-to-read. But it
has lots of requirements that makes it hard to write easily read.

Given that we now have a mighty good set of platforms in the auto-builds, we
can rearrange this code with a fairly good chance that any screw-ups will be
quickly detected. In case anyone feels like taking a plunge into such a task.