Re: Configuring in msys/mingw

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 11:08:25 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004, Andrés García wrote:

> > Isn't that because you get a binary with all debug symbols still present?
>
> Yes, if I use strip on it, it gets a lot smaller. I am afraid I am going to
> make a very stupid question, but anyway, are those symbols meant to be
> there? is there a way to configure the compiling so that they are removed?

'make install-strip' is the procedure to install the tool in a stripped
version. I'm not aware of what the reason is the defaults is this way and not
the reversed.

> > > Also, it doesn't create 'libcurl.dll'.
>
> Sorry about this, it does create a libcurl-2.dll, except it installs it in
> '/usr/local/bin' and I was looking for it in '/usr/local/lib'.

I would too...

> That means, that everything works now, I will have to test it and try to use
> other libraries like cares, but the basic stuff all works.

Nice indeed. Did you try to get an nroff tool in place to see if you can build
with the built-in manual as well?

Now it would be SO useful if 'make test' would work for you too...