Re: Connect-timeout on Win32

From: Gisle Vanem <gvanem_at_broadpark.no>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 17:02:41 +0100

"Daniel Stenberg" <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se> said:

> > The patch doesn't do anything for IPv6 or Ares or CygWin (assuming that
> > alarm() works for CygWin).
>
> Is there any particular reason it doesn't work with IPv6?

I don't have a IPv6 stack installed now so I can't test it. And my patch only
runs gethostbyname (not getaddrinfo) in a separate thread. I can add it later.
I modelled it after the ares-code, so any bugs are yours :)

> It really has grown into a something pretty opaque and hard-to-read. But it
> has lots of requirements that makes it hard to write easily read.

The bug I had was my fault really. I used calloc() and compiled with
CURLDEBUG. Only problem is that curl_free() tried to free something it
didn't allocate. Should we add curl_calloc() too or add some magic marker
to the 'struct memdebug' block? calloc() is IMHO much cleaner to use.

--gv