Re: Building Libcurl with DMC

From: <qbert_at_atari-soldiers.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 11:57:56 -0800

> Still, it proves that you're using a C compiler that has flaws in very
"basic"
> areas.

'Had' a flaw , its been updated. Don't take this in offense Im just
defending my new favorite compiler. This is the first issue I've had with
it yet , and the author of the compiler promptly fixes any problems that
come up.

> Such as mingw or Borland (both being available for no money).

In a recent DDJ article ( Last august i think ) , DMC was benchmarked
against both of these and produced smaller executables ( in size ), faster
code, and compiles extremely fast (
http://biolpc22.york.ac.uk/wx/wxhatch/wxMSW_Compiler_choice.html )

By prepending http:// to the string, it fails a couple lines earlier in
another sscanf, so im pretty sure its a problem with the library function
sscanf, Ill post the Makefile when its fixed, add yet another compiler
option to the great libcurl!

> That sscanf()-line should be able to parse "curl.haxx.se" just fine by
adding
> the whole host name into the conn->gname array.

These were printed before the sscanf, thats where its crashing.

Charlie.