Re: Problem compiling latest CVS in MSVC

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 15:02:23 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004, Gisle Vanem wrote:

> > So _strtoi64() takes the same arguments as strtoll()?
>
> Think so yes, but we better use "__int64 _atoi64 (const char *)" from
> <stdlib.h> since _strtoi64() is only in MSVC v7.x AFAICS.
>
> If we should use _strtoi64(), strtoofft.h should have something like:
> #ifdef (_MSC_VER) && (_MSC_VER >= 1300)
> #define strtoll _strtoi64
> #endif
>
> But why bother?

There would be only one reason: strtoll() sets the pointer the second
arguments points to, to the end of the numeric it parsed. atoi() does not and
I figure _atoi64() doesn't either. We use that feature at two places in the
code.

So, if _strtoi64() is MSVC 7 only, I say we use curlx_strtoll() for the
earlier ones and use _strtoi64() for the later ones.

Does that sound like a working approach?