Re: proxy problems

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 12:35:18 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, Russ Freeman wrote:

> I'm testing against authenticating proxy servers ATM. I have a Squid proxy
> and an ISA Server proxy. I'm testing HTTP POST.
>
> When the post is sent we need to go through the authenticate phase. Having
> stepped through the code it seems libcurl does a POST at the authenticate
> phase with no content-length field in the header, and then it does the
> real-deal POST after authentication. Squid doesn't like the first HTTP POST
> because it doesn't have a content-length.

Thanks! You are experiencing the problem known as "issue 12". It is one of the
few remaining issues in the TODO-RELEASE[*] document that I wish to have fixed
before we release 7.11.1.

Unfortunately, you're like the third person who reports this, and all of you
have provided different patches to work around the problem and yet no one has
reported back any feedback on my take at a serious and "correct" fix to this
problem. I posted my suggested fix here:

http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2004-02/0271.html

If that patch is not the right thing, the A) I want to know and B) I want to
know why! ;-)

[*] = http://curl.haxx.se/lxr/source/TODO-RELEASE