RE: proxy problems

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 15:45:59 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004, Russ Freeman wrote:

> Sorry about being another person to report and attempt to fix the problem.

I didn't mean to imply that there's a problem with many people trying to solve
the problem. I'm happy you've stepped forward to help us!

> I have no idea what to do with your patch. The file looks like a jumbled
> mess of bits and pieces.

The exact URL to a "properly" formatted patch is:

  http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2004-02/att-0271/01-issue12-feb20.patch

Perhaps you should consider using curl to download it! ;-) If it looks odd, it
is because your browser messes it up. It is a plain 'diff -u' output, meant to
be applied with the 'patch' utility.

> I'll happily test code I can download or code that is emailed to me. I can
> test against ISA and Squid without problem. A URL to the patched files would
> be useful at this stage.

Ok, the patched http.c file is now present here:
http://daniel.haxx.se/http-issue12.c

This is the latest CVS version of http.c with the "issue12-feb20" patch
applied on top.