Re: Compiling with the Intel compiler

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 10:28:12 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004, Tor Arntsen wrote:

> I'm not sure if I agree about those printf warnings. Just picking a couple
> at random I see for example:

I agree that some of them are valid, while others may not be.

It looks as if my attempt to detect icc failed. Can you see in your config.log
files if you can understand why the icc-test fails?

It should preprocess a file with the symbol __ICC in it, and that symbol is
assumed to be replaced with a version number (or something) when icc is used.
Thus, if __ICC is present in the output, I assume the compiler truly is a gcc
version. Perhaps __INTEL_COMPILER is a better symbol to use for this check?