CURLE_GOT_NOTHING on slow connections

From: Richard Bramante <rbramante_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 14:03:24 -0500

We have a user reporting that they are seeing these errors consistently
attempting HTTP over a satellite connection.

As a test, we set up a connection here over a 9600 baud modem and a QA
person was able to duplicate the problem a couple times, but I was not
present to try and snatch a network trace or more info. I haven't been able
to get the error yet in my testing over the modem, so if there is a timing
issue on a high latency connection it would appear to be a small one that is
difficult to stumble upon.

Has anyone else ever experienced these? What was cause this return, when it
happens it happens very fast (reported as almost immediately) in which case
I would expect something like a CURLE_COULDNT_CONNECT error, or at least
wait the timeout period and then error with a timeout. This doesn't seem to
be the case. Does this imply the connection was established but then
immediatel closed or something to that effect?

Thanks.

Find and compare great deals on Broadband access at the MSN High-Speed