Re: CURLE_GOT_NOTHING on slow connections

From: Joe Halpin <j.p.h_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 13:57:54 -0600

Richard Bramante wrote:
> I agree with you re: the exceptfds and OOB. Just flagging the socket as
> writable is how most systems seem to behave.
>
> I do however, have one set of Win32 docs that explicitly states:
>
> "If a socket is connecting (nonblocking), failure of the connect attempt
> is indicated in exceptfds."

How would this be done for a blocking socket in Windows?

> Now , whether these docs reflect the true current state of the Win2k
> TCP/IP implementation is debatable.....
>
> The real problem is the inability to implement a working verifyconnect()
> on Windows. If we had a working verifyconnect(), the select() issue is
> moot. I've tried several different approaches here, none of which have
> been successful. I suppose others have already gone through this
> exercise and failed, hence the #ifdef and just punting and returning TRUE.

Does getpeername() work on Windows? If not, is there an online reference
that tells what (if any) standard calls it does support? There are
several ways of verifying a connection, the getpeername() approach I
sent a while ago may or may not work there. If not, there's probably
some "portable" way to do it (probably #ifdef :-)

Joe