Re: AIX SSL autobuilds -- getting there

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 14:40:25 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004, Tor Arntsen wrote:

> I finally managed to install an stunnel version on AIX that seems to work
> somewhat (got it from Bull). My earlier attempts always resulted in all SSL
> curl tests failing. I'm completely baffled by how stunnel is supposed to
> work, I can't even get the examples in the manpages to work, even on systems
> where I *know* that stunnel itself is working (because curl ssl tests are
> ok) :-)

stunnel is somewhat of a mystery. I can't claim much knowledge there either. I
once wrote the test suite to run with an older version of stunnel (which was
easier to use) and later on "kromJx" made it work with the newer version (too)
and its config file concept. "It Just Works" ;-)

Partly because of this reason, I still haven't been able to provide a proper
test FTPS server that supports the new "correct" FTPS protocol that curl
speaks these days.

> In this autobuild only test 509 failed, but I'm not sure if I can figure
> out the problem (see above).

I'm CC'ing Peter Sylvester because of this, because he wrote the test and in
fact the particular part of the code this tests!

Can you run this test stand-alone and provide some details form the files in
log/ ?

(We really should improve testcurl.sh to provide info from the log/ dir when
test cases fail to make it easier to debug problems in cases such as this.)