Re: http resume

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 16:08:46 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004, Eduardo =?iso-8859-1?Q?García?= wrote:

> This is what I tested, and I am sending you the headers as get by
> VERBOSE+DebugFunction (I have shorted binary part of debug dump, keeping
> only the very first bytes in order to show if downloaded bytes resume from
> file-beginning or from "resumed-byte"):
>
> 1) Begin downloading the file and abort the downloading after 4Kb:
> curlDebug1.before.log
> 2) (Try to) Resume downloading with curl-default-pragma:no-cache header,
> and abort the downloading after another
> 4Kb: curlDebug2_without_cache.before.log
> (I got the beginning of the file instead of resumed bytes)

Now, hold it right there! ;-)

It this attempt what can be seen in the logfile you named
"curlDebug2_without_cache.before.log" ?

If that is the case, then I'd say that your server is doing it wrong. It
clearly responds with headers claiming to be a resumed transfer and it
identifies which part it sends. If that is not the right part, then your
server is behaving badly.

In fact, at least three of your logs showed a 206-response and proper headers
that identified a good resumed transfer.