Re: Companies Using curl

From: Nicholas J Gimbrone <Nicholas.Gimbrone_at_CatchFIRESystems.Com>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 11:51:10 -0500

On Wednesday 03 March 2004 10:57 am, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> I'm about to write a list with named companies and their products that are
> based on or are using curl, and put it on the curl web site.

CatchFIRE Systems, Inc. uses RexxCURL (which in turn is based upon libcurl,
see http://rexxcurl.sourceforge.net for more information) as a part of the QA
processes for our entire product set. We do not actually incorporate any
parts of curl in our product, but RexxCURL (and thus libcurl) is none the
less an important tool for the QA of our products.

CatchFIRE Visitor Management is a set of modular products that provide the
insight and controls necessary for IT staff during times of Web traffic load
or capacity stress to assure application availability, maximize transaction
through-put and optimize online visitor performance. CatchFIRE's unique 3rd
generation technology provides real-time visibility, control and
prioritization of all individual visitors as they enter a Web site and move
through online applications.

VMScope
Provides the real-time visibility and control that IT staff need to respond
to Web traffic load problems, understand the cause of performance and
availability symptoms and then, correct, mitigate and avoid problems to
assure application availability.

VMPolicy
Enables priority access and preferential utilization of Web resources for
groups, or individual visitors, based on their importance to the organization
or the transaction they are engaged in. This ensures that the most important
visitors and online activities are assured Web access and processing capacity
during even the most busy periods.

VMVIPpass
Enables priority access and preferential utilization of Web resources for
critical individual visitors. This ensures that at times of organizational
emergency, or during periods of peak online traffic, the people critical to
the organization and its ability to respond to the emergency at hand are
assured the Web access and capacity required to complete their jobs.

All CatchFIRE Visitor Management products are configured, administered,
managed and operated through a common set of graphical and line mode
interfaces.

Peace. -njg

Nicholas J. Gimbrone
Principal Engineer