RE: MSVC compile funness

From: David Byron <DByron_at_everdreamcorp.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 12:30:38 -0800

On Mon, 8 Mar 2004, Dominick Meglio wrote:

> 7.11.0 connect.c line 67 is "#define HAVE_IOCTLSOCKET"
> That line is gone in 7.11.1pre1
> <http://cvs.php.net/diff.php/curl/lib/connect.c?r1=1.77&r2=1.78&ty=h>
>
> It seems Andrés García's fix for mingw removed it. I don't
> know how exactly to solve this without again breaking mingw,
> but without it, MSVC is broken. Without that line, it won't
> compile on MSVC since SETBLOCK is then #undef'ed which
> generates an #error.

I can confirm that this also doesn't work for me using either MSVC 6 or 7
and cfg=release-ssl. With MSVC 7 it fails whether ENABLE_IPV6 is defined or
not.

Maybe something like #ifdef _MSC_VER would work?

Not sure if the right place for this is in connect.c or setup.h or
config-win32.h. I'm thinking config-win32.h but would love to hear what
other folks think.

-DB