Re: Solaris 5.9 (intel)

From: Tor Arntsen <tor_at_spacetec.no>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 17:09:28 +0100

On Mar 9, 17:03, Joe Halpin wrote:
>Yes, it's 0 on Solaris 9 as well. Do you mind if I post the code you
>sent to comp.unix.solaris and see what they say about it?

Not at all, feel free to post it.
I ran that test on linux and irix boxes, and some more I can't recall,
and socktype was always != 0. Not on aix though and that's why it failed
on those same tests that are now failing on your solaris(intel) build.

On the other hand, if the port problem was exactly the same as the AIX
one it should have been taken care of by the fix we installed for AIX.
The code now looks like this (lib/ftp.c):

  rc = getaddrinfo(hbuf, NULL, &hints, &res);
..
    for (ai = res; ai; ai = ai->ai_next) {
  ..
    if (ai->ai_socktype == 0)
      ai->ai_socktype = hints.ai_socktype;

so if the only problem was ai_socktype==0 then it should have worked
also on solaris. You may have to dig down into gdb single-stepping,
or at least run a test where you can look at the logs (the autobuild
removes all residue, of course..)

-Tor