Re: Solaris 5.9 (intel)

From: Joe Halpin <j.p.h_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 16:47:08 -0600

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Mar 2004, Tor Arntsen wrote:
>

>>configure probably runs the equivalent of the following (something I
>>extracted from configure, only adding a couple of printf's). It seems to
>>determine if you have to explicitly enable ipv6 for ./configure or not.
>>Funny thing is that socket(AF_INET6..) isn't enabled by default on IRIX,
>>however ipv6 *does* work there if you give the configure script
>>--enable-ipv6.
>
> Actually, if the configure script finds that socket(AF_INET6, SOCK_STREAM, 0)
> works, it proceeds with checking for a working getaddrinfo() and only if that
> function can resolve 127.0.0.1 fine it defines ENABLE_IPV6.

That might be part of my problem. The test program Tor sent works fine
if I use "localhost" for the hostname. In that case I get an IP4 and IP6
entry for localhost, but only an IP4 response for the hostname.

I've asked this question on the net, so maybe someone who knows more
than I do about Solaris can explain this.

Joe