Re: CURLcode_strerror

From: Peter Miller <millerp_at_canb.auug.org.au>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 23:48:26 +1100

On Fri, 2004-03-12 at 19:36, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> What's the easiest way to proceed to get better texts? Shall I commit the
> initial versions and then let you do patches against them or can you update
> the files and post updates to the list?
>
> libcurl-errors.3 might provide slightly different wording, and we could also
> see if that man page can be improved while we're in the business of improving
> the phrasing of error messages.

I would proceed by committing this version; it isn't any worse than the
text already present, and nobody (except the next rev of Aegis) is using
the curl_*_strerror functions at the moment.

I can improve some of the message texts in a soon-to-follow patch.
Consistency of acronyms and grammatical improvements are simple enough.

For some of the messages, however, I may not have enough background
knowledge -- developers who understand these messages and their contexts
better may like to improve those they are familiar with.

<obvious>
Future patches will need to cover all 3 places in the code:
header file comments, strerror text and libcurl-errors(3) text.
</obvious>

--
Regards
Peter Miller <millerp_at_canb.auug.org.au>