Libcurl with SSL Problems

From: Pravin Jade <pravin.jade_at_lionbridge.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 19:22:37 +0530

Hi,

I am using Libcurl 7.10.8 package for Windows - MSVC (compiler) to connect
with a secure website (HTTPS) .
For this, I downloaded libcurl 7.10.8 package with SSL
support.(http://curl.haxx.se/download.html)

>From mailing list archives, I found that we should build libcurl.dll from
source,with openSSL dll path specified in makefile.vc.
But as source code for libcurl with SSL support is not available , I have to
use
libcurl.dll included in downloaded package.

When this libcurl.dll is used,it returns error code 1 i.e. "Unsupported
Protocol".

I have placed openssl.dll for windows in C:\WINNT\System32 (Windows 2000
OS).
Am I missing something ?
It seems libcurl.dll included in libcurl 7.10.8 SSL package is not working.
Any help in this regard is appreciated.

Pravin Jade
Pravin Jade
Software Engineer