Re: CURLcode_strerror

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 12:55:09 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 13 Mar 2004, Peter Miller wrote:

> I would proceed by committing this version; it isn't any worse than the text
> already present, and nobody (except the next rev of Aegis) is using the
> curl_*_strerror functions at the moment.
>
> I can improve some of the message texts in a soon-to-follow patch.
> Consistency of acronyms and grammatical improvements are simple enough.
>
> For some of the messages, however, I may not have enough background
> knowledge -- developers who understand these messages and their contexts
> better may like to improve those they are familiar with.

I've now added one single file to the CVS repository for this purpose:

 lib/curl_strerror.c

It contains the three proposed new functions.

Since these functions are not yet part of the official API, I decided to not
add any protos to the public header file nor add pointers to them in any docs.
Let's do that once we officially provide these functions.

This also means that this source file is not part of the release archives or
builds right now.