Re: persistent ssl session

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 10:07:41 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004, Watz wrote:

> I have a simple question....is there way to open up an https/SSL connection
> via curl lib (i.e. through php) and fetch multiple documents through the
> same open SSL session without closing it ?
>
> Or is this even the standard behaviour ?

It is indeed possible and standard behaviour, you just re-use the same handle
to request multiple files. Of course it also requires that the server keeps
the connection alive. (And if it doesn't, libcurl also features an SSL session
ID cache to make SSL-reconnects a lot faster.)

HOWEVER, you speak of PHP here and then I assume you're using the PHP/CURL
module to do curl stuff. The last time I checked, it _does not_ support
multiple transfers on the same handle. I believe they are fixing that flaw in
PHP5.

(Yes, it is mildly annoying that the binding adds restrictions.)