--proxy-ntlm and --fail

From: David Byron <DByron_at_everdreamcorp.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 09:45:53 -0800

The known bug (http://curl.haxx.se/docs/knownbugs.html)

* Using CURLOPT_FAILONERROR (-f/--fail) will make authentication to stop
  working if you use anything but plain Basic auth.

has reared its ugly head again for me. I was able to get by without --ntlm
and --fail together, but I'd really like to use --proxy-ntlm and --fail
together. I'm guessing that the fix is the same for both.

I hope to get some time to work on this, but when I looked at it last, it
was pretty complicated. Any chance someone else is also itching to get this
fixed? Or maybe that the code has changed such that this isn't so hard
anymore?

As a bit of an aside, I was a bit surprised to find --proxy-ntlm, but no
--proxy-digest, or maybe even --proxy-basic. Is the idea that if you
specify --proxy-user (and --proxy) you get basic authentication and digest
isn't supported, or is that the code is smart enough to figure out what kind
of proxy is out there and do the right thing?

Thanks much for your help.

-DB