Re: TCP_NODELAY

From: Joe Halpin <j.p.h_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 15:56:24 -0600

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Mar 2004, Seshubabu Pasam wrote:
>

>>Is it possible to get a handle to the write socket after the connect. I am
>>interested in setting the TCP_NODELAY option on the socket.
>

> No, there's currently no such option. I wouldn't mind seeing this offered
> somehow...

I've been looking at this a bit today. Would it be a good approach to
add another option to curl_easy_setopt() that would set a flag for
Curl_connecthost() to check for? Curl_connecthost() could then set the
option when needed.

I think that would work, but I'm still a little fuzzy on some of the
internals. I'm going to step through a few connections in gdb to make
sure I didn't miss anything.

Joe