Re: TCP_NODELAY

From: Seshubabu Pasam <pasams_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 17:37:16 -0800

>>Is it possible to get a handle to the write socket after the connect. I am
>>interested in setting the TCP_NODELAY option on the socket.

>No, there's currently no such option. I wouldn't mind seeing this offered
>somehow...

Daniel, thanks for your response. We might need to set TCP_NODELAY for our
application to use curl. I noticed that other people on this list brought up
this issue before. I was wondering if this can be integrated to the future
versions of curl.

A new CURLOPT can be defined to just set the TCP_NODELAY option after the
connect. A more generic way is to callback a function, passing it the socket
handle. In the callback function curl library users can set whatever socket
options (TCP_NODELAY) they might need.

Let me know if you are interested in a patch for this enhancement.

Thanks
-Seshu