Re: [ curl-Bugs-919839 ] Can't find ca-bundle.h

From: Eduardo García <garedagmad_at_telefonica.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 12:10:12 +0100
At 16:48 21/03/2004, you wrote:
On Fri, 19 Mar 2004, SourceForge.net wrote:

> When building Libcurl 7.11.1 in Visual Studio .NET 2003 (7.1) I ran into a
> problem in url.c. The compiler was unable to find ca- bundle.h using this
> directive:

Can any windows devlopers in the crowd understand why this guy gets this
problem and no one else?

Recently I had a very similar problem in my own code: "" and <> ways of include are not only an ordering issue while searching for headers, but <> excludes project own directory in Windows (VisualStudio). Extracted from VS help:

Syntax Form Action

Quoted form
        This form instructs the preprocessor to look for include files in the same directory of the file that contains the #include statement, and then in the directories of any files that include (#include) that file. The preprocessor then searches along the path specified by the /I compiler option, then along paths specified by the INCLUDE environment variable.

Angle-bracket form
        This form instructs the preprocessor to search for include files first along the path specified by the /I compiler option, then, when compiling from the command line, along the path specified by the INCLUDE environment variable.

The problem could be solved by adding "." to additional include directories in project settings in VStudio, as we did when building libcurl, and it also is what Daniel suggests in last mail.

Eduardo Garcia Received on 2004-03-22