RE: Building curl/libcurl for Windows with VC6

From: David Byron <DByron_at_everdreamcorp.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 23:25:20 -0800

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004, hunter wrote:

> \lib\makefile.vc6 - which I have heavily commented
>
> I have included these three files - and I will work on this again
> tomorrow to see about a better solutions to the export and detecting
> zlib.

I guess I'm the one who's made changes to lib/Makefile.vc6 lately. FWIW, I
never build with cfg=release-ssl-dll. Guess I should do that before asking
Daniel to commit patches. Sorry 'bout that. Guess I have a few things to
learn about building DLLs too.

Turns out LINKLIBS isn't required for cfg=release-ssl. I'd like to see it
stay gone, or at least defined as empty, if possible. It's one less
dependency.

Not sure how I got along without content_encoding.obj but I guess it's
because the ZLIB stuff wasn't defined. Maybe the way to handle that is to
add some more configurations (e. g. cfg=release-ssl-zlib and
release-ssl-dll-zlib)? Or maybe to have things work so that there's no
default for ZLIB_PATH and if it's defined, zlib gets used?

Other than that, there a few lines that only differ in whitespace that make
the diffs look bigger than they need to be.

Not quite sure what the state of src/version.h is. Seems like it just needs
to #include <curl/curlver.h> instead of <curl/curl.h> and the rest may be
OK.

-DB