RE: http keepaliveoption

From: Xiuping Hu <xhu_at_aventail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 08:21:56 -0800

> > We have used ntlm for http proxy server. Right now we have a problem
> > "KeepAlive" does not work. Once we have keepalive "On", the NTLM
seems
> > Confuse enough,
>
> What does this mean in more details? How do you switch on keepalive
and
> how
> does that change what the proxy sends/what libcurl does?

[Xiuping Hu] We have apache server that use libcurl to do the proxy
HTTP.
If we set Apache KeepAlive On, that means reuse connection, we get
hanging
Randomly. If we set KeepAlive Off, that means use fresh connection for
each request, every thing works fine.

I notice that in 7.11.1 change log, there is one line:

CURLOPT_FRESH_CONNECT and CURLAUTH_NTLM now work when set together

What does this mean? If this means if we use NTLM, we need to use fresh
connection for each request? No reuse the connection?

> > Any idea about that? Any suggestions about configuration options?
>
> You need to show us more details.
>
> > What happen if I do not specify --enable-thread option?
>
> The configure script tests for thread-safe functions by default, so
> --enable-thread makes no difference. --disable-thread however will
allow
> you
> to build a libcurl that uses old-style traditional non-thread-safe
> functions.
[Xiuping Hu]
Thanks, a lot!

Xiuping