Re: Signal 11 after continuous use of 1 CURL handle

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 12:50:54 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004, vijayppatel wrote:

(replying to the libcurl list)

> NEW_URL_LIB::read_curl(): URL=http://XXXXXXXXXXXXXX : Exception:
> curl_easy_perform() failed with 55 : Failed sending HTTP request occured.

Can you figure out why this happens? It is generated when the sending of the
request within add_buffer_send() fails. I've never seen this happen!

> Once i get this error for any thread, after that code starts repeating same
> error for next 80-90 sites & after that it fires Signal 11 from
> "curl_easy_perform(curl_handle)" call.

So, when you've got this once, can you single-step using a debuger to see what
happens on the following request? And also check that the request that returns
the failure is closed and killed properly.

> (gdb)bt
> #0 0x281ed4f0 in _init () from /usr/local/lib/libcurl.so.2

Uh? This looks there. Why is _init() called from ConnectionExists() ?

> #1 0x281fa861 in ConnectionExists () from /usr/local/lib/libcurl.so.2

Can you rebuild your libcurl with debug symbols to see exactly what source
line this crash happened?

> I am planning to recreate CURL handle, Once i get "curl_easy_perform()
> failed with 55 : Failed sending HTTP request occured.". But i am not sure
> whether it will definitely solve the problem of Signal 11.

Well, whatever the outcome of that test is, it will certainly help in
diagonsing what's happening for you.