Debugging test cases

From: Joe Halpin <j.p.h_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 17:26:33 -0600

I'm trying to figure out why some test cases are failing on my Solaris
box. I was having a little trouble trying to use gdb because the README
file in the tests directory says I should be able to just type run to
start things off. however, that results in an error about curl not being
in executable format (because what it's pointed to is a script).

So I figured out that I need to do make install first, then 'file
/usr/local/bin/curl' before typing 'run'.

Is this some kind of Solaris thing, does it work this way for other
people? If so, maybe the README file could be more explicit.

Joe