Re: Debugging test cases

From: Joe Halpin <j.p.h_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 16:32:26 -0600

Gisle Vanem wrote:
> "Joe Halpin" <j.p.h_at_comcast.net> said:
>
>>What is NI_WITHSCOPID supposed to do? It's not documented in either the
>>Solaris 8 or Solaris 9 man page, nor does it appear to be POSIX. What do
>>we use it for?
>
> It's supposed to return an address like "ffff::1:2%4" with 4
> specifying the scope for the address. AFAIK the address is only
> valid at the 4th interface; eth3 on Unix-like systems since scope
> 0 (the default) indicates all possible interfaces.
>
> That's my recollection of it anyway. Long time since I've studied this.

It doesn't look like curl uses this anywhere (anywhere I can find at
least). After some more poking around I notice that the ftp test server
only binds an IPv4 address. We may want to also test with an IPv6
binding as well.

As for the client, it seems to always come up with an IPv4 address, even
if ENABLE_IPV6 is defined. I've been trying to figure out why that is,
but it's kind of a labyrinth in the connect stuff and I'm getting dizzy.
Anyone know where IPV6 is forced (or is it)?

Joe