Re: multi-part HTTP transfers

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 07:37:17 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004, Joshua Hoblitt wrote:

> Has any work been done on a multi-part transfer layer that wraps lib
> libcurl? I would really like to have a C API to something similar to 'mCurl'
> or 'Prozilla'. I've looked around the net and surprisingly I haven't been
> able to find such a thing.

It shouldn't be that hard. I've never understood why people are so fond of
such operations.

> I'm considering writing such a beast but I don't want to reinvent a wheel.
> If I do end up undertaking this, perhaps instead of specifically targeting
> libcurl a more general API should be constructed. So a library like libneon
> could also be wrapped. Thoughts?

You can of course provide an API that is "general" to an extent, but you'd
still need to write specific code for each underlying library you support. It
was a while since I looked at neon in detail, but I recall it differing quite
a lot in how you operate it compared to libcurl.

I'll be happy to provide a link to your project, should you end up producing
anything you want to share!