Re: TCP_NODELAY

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 09:38:49 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004, Seshubabu Pasam wrote:

> Here is the patch to set the KEEPALIVE on the socket. This should avoid
> sockets from timing out inside applications that hold curl handles for more
> than 2 hrs.

There's nothing in TCP that times out after 2 hours of silence the last time I
checked. SO_KEEPALIVE mainly enables the connection to detect a dead
connection that otherwise has no traffic.

Further, I doubt there are many HTTP or FTP servers out there that keep a
connection open for more than 2 hours of silence between requests.