compressed upload

From: David Byron <DByron_at_everdreamcorp.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 09:25:01 -0800

I'm pretty sure http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2003-08/0220.html says that
there's no "automatic" way to get curl to compress uploads. I don't see
that anything's changed since August of 2003 related to this.

I'm interested in curl.exe having this feature, but since the work has
almost got to be in the library, I'm sending the note here.

I think what I want is to add --compressed (or maybe --compressed zlib) to
my current curl command line, resulting in:

$ ./curl http://place_to_upload -F "File=@<filename>" -F "foo=bar"
--compressed zlib

and some more -F's, in case that matters.

Any pointers of how to dive in and do this, some suggestion of how to change
the command line so that this is easier to add?

Thanks much.

-DB