Re: CURLE_UNSUPPORTED_PROTOCOL

From: Seshubabu Pasam <pasam_at_seshubabu.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2004 17:44:23 -0800

There are various places in url.c where this is thrown. This is returned
when CURL is not build with appropriate protocol support. I don't
beleive this error has anything to do with SSL_VERIFY options. If
verification failed, you get different error message. Try setting

     curl_easy_setopt ( curl, CURLOPT_ERRORBUFFER, error );

and see what is returned in error buffer. This can be used to identify
where/why it is failing.

Regards
-Seshubabu Pasam