test wrappers for solaris

From: Joe Halpin <j.p.h_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2004 16:19:28 -0500

Solaris has a built-in memory checking facility (watchmalloc) that works
very well (I've found some exceptionally clever bugs at work with it).
However it makes things run *really* slow. I've been fiddling with
Makefile.am to try to include it for Solaris as an option, but it always
winds up checking memory for every perl script run (including the
servers). It just takes too long that way. It just took about an hour to
get to the first test case.

I've probably been looking at it too long, but is there a good way to
wrap the test cases in a shell script that will optionally use the
watchmalloc facility? I suppose that would also let us use built-in
memory testing stuff on other OS's as well.

Joe