Re: TclCurl: ftpssl option: where to find an SSH library?

From: stefano federici <s_federici_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 23:40:14 +0200 (CEST)

 --- Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se> wrote
> If you read that sentence again you should be able
> to notice something: SFTP != FTPS.
Yes. I'm a complete beginner for what concerns secure
file transfer. I hadn't realized that SFTP was
something different from FTPS. Now I knows at least
that :}

> 'ssh', 'scp' and 'sftp' from OpenSSH can all do
> "unassisted file transfers" if
> you only create a key without a password. Which is
> bad securitywise.
This is absolutely obscure to me. I don't know what a
key is... but I have to access a server via SFTP by
using an account that HAS a password.

> Joe Halpin wrote:
> You can do that with SSH in several different ways.
> The best way is to
> use an agent to maintain the keys so you don't have
to leave
> passphrases in scripts etc. The second link above
has a section on doing this.

I'm definitely going to check that link as I don't
know much about FTP via SSH and agents. As I said, I'm
completely new at this topic.

Thanks for you pointers
are you going to complain if I ask you more details in
case I'm in trouble with SSH?

Ciao
Stefano

=====
Stefano Federici
via Azuni, 14 - 09025 Sanluri (CA) - Italy
Tel: +39-070-9351003 home
     +39-070-9373114 office
     +39-349-8181955 cell
email: s_federici_at_yahoo.com
       stefano.federici_at_tiscalinet.it

Yahoo! Mail: 6MB di spazio gratuito, 30MB per i tuoi allegati, l'antivirus, il filtro Anti-spam
http://it.yahoo.com/mail_it/foot/?http://it.mail.yahoo.com/