[autobuild] icc 8.0 warnings and Tru64 failures

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 09:15:44 +0200 (CEST)

Hi (Tor)

We're now down to only 2 remaining warnings with the "regular" (non-pedantic)
icc 8.0 compiler. (and 252 warnings with the pedantic one!)

Both of these are "warning #269: invalid format string conversion" and they
both (AFAICS) complain on the use of 'z' as modifier to printf() a size_t
variable.

POSIX 1003.1 says 'z' is the modifier to use:

http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007904975/functions/printf.html

... and our internal printf() code supports it.

It makes me wonder what icc considers is the right choice here? I suspect we
will have to live with these 2 warnings.

With my commit yesterday regarding the new auth code, it seems one or two
tests have started to fail on Tru64. I'm puzzled to why this test fails on one
particular platform, but I'll try to look over my source code to see if I've
made any apparent mistakes. Anyone with any suspicitions or clues?