Re: Multi interface in Windows fails

From: Gisle Vanem <gvanem_at_broadpark.no>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 18:14:11 +0200

"Daniel Stenberg" <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se> said:

> Right, but when it switches to CURLM_STATE_CONNECT it is because it wants to
> connect to a server. It might then first resolve the host name asynchronously,
> and when that happens it switches over to CURLM_STATE_WAITRESOLVE and if it
> resolves the name synchronously it switches to CURLM_STATE_WAITCONNECT.

Okay, I think I got that part. But why then does multi.c in
CURLM_STATE_WAITCONNECT state need to concern itself with sockets
since there are none (except a c-ares socket).

I fail to see why multi-clients should need to use select() at all. This
should IMHO be hidden away in curl_multi_perform() etc. Especially in
resolve state. Wouldn't a multi-client reading from those sockets confuse
c-ares trying to read from the same sockets?

--gv